Hello Everyone and Welcome Back to Great Chow !
I really wanted to spend the time and show everyone how to make pressure cooked ribs in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker. Ultimate BBQ Spareribs. My first pressure cooked rib video has been very popular on YouTube and I have had so much fantastic feedback. Thank you so much for the support and all of the thumbs up likes. Now I wanted to release a new video where we take BBQ ribs to the NEXT LEVEL of the BBQ rib game that incorporates pressure cooking. As always, everyone with a pressure cookers and non pressure cookers are invited to cook up and enjoy these Ultimate Ribs.
In this episode:
We use a 3.5lb rack of St.Louis Style Spare ribs (because those are my favorite on the grill). We create a delicious brown sugar based universal rub that is engineered for maximized deliciousness and caramelization and then we apply the rub to the ribs. Next we pressure cook(STEAM) them in the Instant Pot Pressure cooker (any pressure cooker will do) for 20 minutes and then we leave on low for 5 minutes. Remove the ribs, re-rub them with our reserve rub mix, then grill them; 5 minutes on each side with the lid open, then glaze them with a combination of your favorite BBQ sauce and duck sauce; we also add an optional glaze ingredient called Tiger Sauce (the link is below). These ribs are amazing!
Total Cook and Prep Time 1 hr
Recipes and Directions
The RUB: Its delicious universal rub – engineered for maximized deliciousness and caramelization !
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
The Finishing Glaze (Our Sweet and tangy BBQ Sauce) – I have been using the combination of BBQ sauce and duck sauce for at least 20 years of grilling. Its my favorite sauce combo and wanted to share it with you.
1 cup Duck Sauce – Duck sauce is a Cantonese style sweet and sour apricot fruit glaze and its fantastic- found in your Asian or ethnic section in your grocery store.
1/2 cup your favorite BBQ sauce (My favorites are Sweet Baby Rays – Original or Hickory and Brown Sugar)
…and our Optional Ingredient called TIGER SAUCE – Which is a rich red sweet and tangy pepper sauce that has a little heat kick (not hot, just enough zing) which adds a different dimension to our finishing glaze.
1. Remove the St. Louis spare ribs from the packaging, clean and trim some access fats away and remove the under rib membrane then cut the ribs in half in preparation for rub and steaming.
2. Combine all rub ingredients and mix together to combine the brown sugar with all dry seasonings and herbs.
3. Reserve some of the rub in a small dish for re-seasoning after the ribs come out of the pressure cooker. Then Rub the tops and the bottoms of the ribs well coating all surface area.
4. Time to steam in the pressure cooker – Insert your pressure cooker steam rack into the pressure cooker and fill with 2 cups apple juice (or water) to the bottom of the steam rack and insert the ribs buy standing them upright (refer to my video). Set the pressure cooker to 20 minutes, after the 20 minutes finish keep on low/warming for an addition 5 minutes then vent. NOTE: please watch the time as you do not want the ribs to steam to long or they will be hard to handle and “Fall of the Bone.”
5. While ribs are steaming make the BBQ Sauce – Combine the duck sauce and the bbq sauce and stir. If you have the optional Tiger sauce add 2 tablespoons.
6. Remove the ribs from the pressure cooker to a platter or cutting board and use the reserved rub to re-season the ribs on the top and bottom.
7. Time to Grill ! Have the grill pre-heating, keeping the grill lid open, On a low medium / Low flame lay the top side down first , grill for 5 minutes and flip. We are only finishing and caramelizing the ribs in this step.
8. After the first flip, the tops of the ribs will be up, apply a nice coating of the BBQ sauce to glaze the top, after 5 min, flip and glaze the bottoms off the ribs, flip 1 more time for 2 minutes, and re apply glaze to the top and remove to plate or cutting board. DONE !!! Now you have ultimate RIBS ! DIG IN ! ~~~~ Enjoy !~
Serve with corn bread / corn muffins, coleslaw, potato / macaroni salad, corn, creamed spinach, beans, grilled veggies…Whatever makes your belly happy.
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker:
Great Chow Instant Pot Link on Amazon: IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker, 6Qt/1000W only & FREE Shipping to anywhere in the world Link: http://goo.gl/uOhBM3
For Desert Enjoy Great Chow’s Fox Peach Ice Cream Sundae!
Thank you for joining me!!!
Jason ( Great Chow Jay)
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE FOR MORE GreatChowTV RECIPES and UPDATES!
GREATCHOWTV ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Official Website: GreatChowTV.com
GreatChowTV Website Quick Links: GreatChowTV.com
All Recipes: https://goo.gl/MKeJUc
Instant Pot and Pressure Cooking Recipes: https://goo.gl/Duq30W
SHOP for the Best Kitchen and Blogging Products: https://goo.gl/s9y34d